Transportation company is looking to hire Safety Officer.
We are well established trucking company with 13 years of experience the the industry. We are located in Joliet, IL. Job hours are 40 per week Monday to Friday, flexible timing, paid holidays and great pay with ability to grow. Call 708-574-4291 or Reply to add link to apply.
This person must possess the following SKILLS:
• Extreme attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer-service minded
• Proactively follow up on assigned projects
• Ability to effectively multi-task while maintaining accuracy in work
• Desire to take initiative in work
• Ability to work well with a team and independently
• Must be fluent in English
The following RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for processing driver applications, making sure prospective driver are in compliance with company policies, order MVR and investigate drivers background.
2. Audit and monitor HOS compliance of the fleet.
3. Track and ensure compliance of items subject to expiration such as CDLs, medical cards, truck registrations, annual inspections, monthly maintenance reports, and insurance certificates.
4. Communicate requirements and ensure items are received prior to expiration.
5. Conduct annual review of motor vehicle records on a timely basis.
6. Enter safety information into the operating system.
7. Proactively communicate with dispatch and accounting teams for any issues arising with their drivers.
8. If a driver does not meet safety requirements, proactively communicate with Director for guidance.
9. Ensure driver insurance records are up to date with current coverage. Ensure all insurance certificates are saved and categorized accurately.
10. Proactively research methods to improve our safety department
11. Audit current driver base to ensure every driver is in compliance with safety standards.
12. Other safety and compliance projects as requested.